It’s called a crockpot.
Furthermore, as thousands of women across the world already know (and I just figured out), you can make oatmeal in your crockpot.
Why is this amazing?
It means you can catch an extra 10 minutes of z’s instead of hastily trying to slap some peanut butter on toast before you hit the road in the morning. Throw some stuff in, turn on, and presto: warm goodness to greet you in the a.m. It’s a miracle.
What You Need
- 1 cup steel cut oats (dry)
- 2 apples, chopped into small chunks (1/2-inch is good)
- 1.5 cups coconut milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground flax meal
- 1.5 cup water
How to Make It
Spray your crockpot with a light dusting of cooking spray. Combine all ingredients in pot; stir. Cook on low for about 7 hours. (Note: I have this kind of crockpot. Turned mine on at 11 p.m. and turned it off at 5:45 a.m., and it was perfect.) Enjoy!