Health Benefits of Pink Himalayan Salt

393 Flares Filament.io 393 Flares ×

Himalayan pink salt in small bowl of glass.

Rub a little salt in our wounds.

Go ahead. We dare you. Just make sure it’s pink.

Packed tightly in a glass jar that looks like it belongs more in the tub than on your kitchen counter, Himalayan Pink Salt isn’t just another pretty taste. It’s the very thing that will finally get you to dump the table salt.

Getting its pink hue from a handful of minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and iron, the gourmet pink sea salt comes in fine, small, medium, coarse and extra coarse grains that complement your grilling, cooking, roasting or seasoning pleasures.

And, boy, is it old. Straight from the great altitudes of the world’s highest peaks, the Himalayan mountains, the 250-million-year-old Himalayan pink salt has been used for centuries as a folk remedy for a handful of health issues. Packed with 84 trace elements, a little pinch in your dish can help stimulate circulation, lower blood pressure and remove toxins like heavy metals from the body.

The Sea Salt Myth

The term “sea salt” basically means jack nowadays. Why? Because processed salt can be called sea salt, even if it’s completely lacking all the yummy sea minerals it had in its natural state.

So how do you tell if your salt is up to par? Look for color.

“White salt is just like white sugar: It’s missing the key supporting minerals and nutrients your body needs,” writes Mike Adams, editor of NaturalNews.com. ”Full-spectrum salt always has a non-white color. Celtic Sea Salt, for example (which is really good salt) has a brownish sandy color.”

Raise Your Vibration

Another reason to season your eats with Himalayan salt? It’s created in an environment that has no exposure to toxins and impurities – which means your body isn’t soaking up the energetic crap stored in traditional iodized salt.

“Himalayan salt’s unique cellular structure allows it to store vibrational energy,” reports the Global Healing Center of Natural Health and Organic Living.  ”Its minerals exist in a colloidal form, meaning that they are tiny enough for our cells to easily absorb.”

If the pink doesn’t do it for you, check out Artisan’s wide selection of Hawaiian, Peruvian, Bolivian, Mayan, Balinese, Mediterranean and Indian sea salts, all made from the highest quality harvested salts.

And for you heavy bathers, yes, it can also be used as a bath salt, scrub or exfoliator. Just don’t scratch the crap out of your skin – it’s chunkier than the stuff you’re probably used to.

393 Flares Twitter 15 Facebook 376 Pin It Share 0 Email -- StumbleUpon 0 Google+ 2 LinkedIn 0 Filament.io 393 Flares ×

Tags:

18 Responses to “Health Benefits of Pink Himalayan Salt”

1. July 25, 2013 at 11:59 am #

I’m not sure Salt can have a cellular structure… it doesn’t even have cells!! Unless I failed to learn anything in biology.

2. July 25, 2013 at 12:16 pm #

I have a bottle of pink Himilayan salt in my pantry! Yet for some reason I always use sea salt (which I am happy to say is NOT white). I’m definitely going to start using the pink salt more often! I don’t know why I tend to forget about it. It’s so pretty! :)

3. July 25, 2013 at 1:11 pm #

I love the flavor of pink Himalayan sea salt. One of my favorite dishes is a bowl full of fresh vegis from the farmers market tossed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh cracked pepper and pink sea salt. Yum!

4. July 25, 2013 at 1:48 pm #

In your opinion is this Pink Himalayan Salt even better than the Celtic Salt? After I read your Skinny Bitch book, I started using the Celtic Salt! Just curious!

5. July 28, 2013 at 7:08 pm #

Good to know! I’ve got a container of the pink stuff sitting on a shelf and I’ve never tried it! Tomorrow that will change… Thank you!

6. August 7, 2013 at 2:02 pm #

So, this is a bit funny. I’ve actually been using Himalayan salt for years, but not because of the health benefit….. I just liked that it was PINK! It looks darling on the tabletop! Good to know it’s the best choice I could have made. Haha!

7. August 7, 2013 at 7:26 pm #

I absolutely love my pink Himalayan sea salt! I love that I haven’t used the white stuff in years. Amazing article (:

8. August 16, 2013 at 9:27 pm #

Not sure I believe all white salt is “bad” compared to other sources like pink salt. Love the idea of pink salt though and have to buy it, if I can find a place that sells it.

9. October 16, 2013 at 7:35 am #

I’ve seen this at Trader Joe’s over the years and never picked it up. I guess I thought it was some sort of specialty salt. Thanks for clarifying!

10. October 28, 2013 at 8:00 pm #

My article on why I think Pink Himalayan Salt is superior to sea salt

11. November 14, 2013 at 7:35 pm #

Himalayan pink salt is far superior to basic white table salt. White “killer” table salt is what all processed food is made of, and why everyone thinks salt is bad.
    Himalayan pink salt, Celtic sea salt, and any unprocessed sea salt is what you need to look for.I drink a tablespoon of pink salt solution everyday before drinking anything else and my health has never been better. The health benefits are endless, even eliminates bad breath!

12. December 29, 2013 at 3:21 pm #

Everything has a cellular structure Salt happens to have a crystalline cellular structure so I guess you did fail to learn that but now you know

13. January 30, 2014 at 7:40 am #

I must say, there is quite a difference between Himalayan salt and regular salt.

I have bought salt from all over the internet, from ebay, amazon, and many other places on the web that offer it.

The best place by far to get salt from is http://saltsworldwide.com The quality and price is great and the shipping is free!

14. February 12, 2014 at 6:44 am #

Make your own flavored Pink Himalayan Salts, using lemon zest ,mesquite powder, dried garlic, and more, the possibilities are endless!!!!! check out the article here http://www.gaiahealthblog.com/2014/02/09/d-i-y-flavored-pink-himalayan-salts/

15. March 21, 2014 at 10:39 am #

I LOVE Pink Himalayan Salt!! I just rimmed the tubes on my Limey Margarita Lip Joy with it!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Going Green is good but going Pink will change the game. | Cutting the Crap with C & C - July 26, 2013

[...] Health Benefits of Pink Himalayan Salt [...]

2. Recipe:: Kale Chips @ bee + daddoo - October 15, 2013

[…] secret ingredient: sesame seeds. Yum. I adapted by omitting the soy sauce, and used olive oil and pink salt (another healthier option). So, this is how my (first) recipe […]

3. Himalayan Pink Salt | The Healthy Collective Himalayan Pink Salt | - January 15, 2014

[…] to Healthy Bitch Daily the words “sea salt” don’t mean sh*t these days. White salt is like white sugar: […]